Reviews Print Correction Save

Powher(South London)

POhWER advocacy services are independent, free and confidential.
Advocacy Support Centre is open from 9am - 5pm Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Friday, and from 9am to 7pm on Thursdays.
Telephone 0300 456 2370.

Outside these hours you will be able to leave a message and we will call you back the next working day, or you can email us at
Services include:
One to one advocacy service can help you to sort out issues, get services or make a formal complaint.
Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) offers advocacy support to people who choose to pursue a formal complaint about the NHS.
Our Independent Person Advocacy service offers people with learning difficulties who do not use language an advocacy service as close to the generic one to one advocacy service as possible
POhWER's empowerment service provides information to people and supports them to make informed choices and to be listened to. This service mainly supports groups.
Prison (ICAS) Independent Complaints Advocacy Service. Offering support to people who choose to make a formal complaint against the NHS.
POhWER ICAS publishes a Self Help Information pack for NHS Complaints process.

CAN Mezzanine, 32-36 Loman Street, Southwark, London, SE1 0EH
Area serviced:
0300 456 2370
Opening times:
Mon,Tues,Wed,Fri 9am-5pm,Thurs 9am-7pm

Related Information

Related Factsheets

Subject Definitions

Advocacy services offer support to vulnerable older people, people with physical/learning disabilities and/or sensory impairments. These services will support people to: ¦Speak out for themselves ¦Make sure their rights are respected ¦Express what they want ¦Represent their interests ¦Help them get the services they need Their underpinning principles are to promote social inclusion, equality and social justice
In the common law, legal advice is the giving of a formal opinion regarding the substance or procedure of the law by an officer of the court (such as solicitor or barrister), ordinarily in exchange for financial or other tangible compensation.
Every NHS organisation has a complaints procedure. To find out about it, ask a member of staff, look on the hospital or trust's website, or contact the complaints department for more information. the frist contact is often the PALS service